EasyEclipse Desktop Java
For development of Desktop GUI applications with Swing or SWT.
Note that in a Beta release, some plugins have not yet been tested. The plugins that have been tested are marked with a "Checkbox" sign.
This distribution includes the following plugins:
Core components with a JDK:
- Eclipse Platform 3.1.2 - Shared platform services from Eclipse.
- Eclipse Tools 220.127.116.11 - Support for data, xsd and java modelling and manipulation, and graphical editing.
- Java JDK for Windows 1.5.0.06 - Run Java application on Sun Java(tm) runtime, packaged for Eclipse use. (Windows only)
- Java JDK for Linux 1.5.0.06 - Run Java application on Sun Java(tm) runtime, packaged for Eclipse use. (Linux only)
Tools for general Java development:
- Eclipse Java Development Tools 3.1.2 - Edit, compile, run, debug, test, refactor, document and deploy Java applications.
Some essential utilities:
- AnyEdit Tools 1.4.1 - Useful right-click menus in editors: "Open file under cursor", "Open type under cursor", et cetera.
- Eclipse Utils Plugins 1.0.0 - Save the cursor position of editors when closing and re-opening a file. Access common team actions with explorer buttons.
- Color Editor 0.3.8.patch-01 - Edit with syntax highlighting over 100+ file formats.
Tools for development of Desktop applications in Java:
- Eclipse Visual Editor 18.104.22.168 - Build visual user interfaces for Swing, SWT and Eclipse RCP applications with a graphical editor. (Windows, Linux only)
- EclipseNSIS 0.9.4 - Create native windows installers for your applications with NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System). (Windows only)
- Fat Jar Eclipse plugin 0.0.23 - Deploys an Eclipse java project into one executable jar with all dependencies included.
- JarPlug 0.6.0 - View and edit Java Archive files.
- JarLaunch 0.5.0 - Run and debug Java Archive files.
"Getting Started" documentation is available for the following included plugins:
Changes in release 1.0.1:
- Changed composition: Removed Plugin Development Tools. For Plugin development, you should now use the Plugin Warrior distro.
- Changed composition: Added a full JDK with sources to provide access to Java sources and javadoc in the Java editor..
- Modified plugins:
- Initial release.
EasyEclipse is licensed under the terms of the Open Software License version 2.1.
Each third party plugin, software or content is licensed under its own copyright and/or license. See each plugin page for details